| Home | News | Media | Video | Audio | Download | Forum | Gallery | About Us | Tsunami |

Saturday, January 22, 2005

The one when Taufik is eyeing a DOUBLE Platinum!

"What if he doesn't recognise me?"

It was almost 6 p.m., and the Singapore Polytechnic Convention Hall is almost empty, except for the few fans (including yours truly) who was unlucky enough to be the last few to go on stage and meet the soul man himself.

And I was suddenly gripped by an unknown fear. "Oh damn, it will be damn embarassing if he can't recognise me!" I thought to myself as I approached the table.

"Sorry, if you want to take pictures you'll need to stand next to the lady in white," the bouncer pointed to my camera and gestured to the lady in question some steps away from the table.

I gingerly took my spot to take the photographer spot to take a good shot of Eric (hey dude, nice meeting you!) talking to Taufik.

Suddenly Taufik looked up, saw me and instantly his eyes lit up in recognition. "Hey Razlan, it's you!"

I couldn't help it but blurted, "Oh my, he remembered me!"

It was like two friends meeting again after a long time. Indeed, it was a "Blessings"!

The Party Invite!


Of Blessings

The hall was filled with some 1000 eager fans who were there by a lucky stroke of fate, having passes to the event. Indeed, Taufik's "Thank You & Signing" party is more than just another meet-the-fan session.

It was revealed in the show that his debut album, "Blessings" have hit more than 24,000 copies in sales and counting!"

That made him a Platinum award winner, and if the album hit 30,000 copies, Taufik will make history as the first English album artiste to achieve a DOUBLE platinum in Singapore.


A Day for His Fans

"I'm nothing without you guys," Taufik repeatedly said to his fans. "Thank you for believing in me and making my dreams come true."

Taufik once again paid tribute to dear mummy, who rose to the occasion, took a slight bow towards the 1000-strong audience who roared their approval with thunderous applause.

The fans further took the spotlight with a "fans conference". Many took the chance to ask him whatever you can think of, including his "relationship" with Leandra.

"I enjoy reading about myself in the paper," Taufik said with a dead-panned expression. "The media can really blow things out of porpotion; but please, continue to write more on me"

I must say - his media savviness is worth admiring. He completely avoided the question and took a pot shot at the press in the process! But all in attendance knew one thing for sure - never took the media seriously. Including the rumoured romance between the two Idol finalists.


Taufik Wannabes!

The fans also took the stage with their awesome dance move (oh my, a certain Nizam really shook the hall with his moves - he is as good as Taufik!) and commendable singing (that rendition of "Let's Stay Together" was awesome, gurl!).

But what is more memorable for many Taufik-ed fans today was to discover that their Idol is still the Taufik they have grown to adore right from the start.

From the cliche "There is two kind of Usher/Taufik" to the awwwww-ing "Saya Sayang Mak", Taufik is close to the hearts of many. As he determined signing his autographed over and over again many, many times for his fans, the soul man has kept his promise.

That he will thank his fans who have voted for him. And today, ending with a platinum award in his bag and an aching wrist, Taufik has shown Singapore he is a man of his words.

And that eye sparkle knowing who I am was enough to make the trip down all worth it.

Now, tell us your experience!






(Razlan's note: I know the photos sucks, but my camera ran out of battery again and can't take pictures properly. Can anyone share their pics, please?)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home