| Home | News | Media | Video | Audio | Download | Forum | Gallery | About Us | Tsunami |

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

On Money Matters

I was looking at my web polls just now and realized some visitors have posted comments on the way I am collecting money and such for taufik's CD (and previously, on iPod). In the spirit of free speech, I have decided to highlight these rather unflaterring comment to all readers, and I hope you'll be able to make a decision for yourself, once and for all.

Message from Lily
"...ppl, who's to say how much Raz will collect?? who knws if he pocket sum $$! Raz has no authorization to collect $$$$ for any gift for Taufik!..."
(Raz's Note: This same "Lily" has posted some rather nasty remarks in ShoutBox. I have banned her IP since then)

Message from Jeremy
"...I agree totally. We all don't know Raz personally. Notice how he always wants to get involved in money matters? If he is interested in being a great fan, then stick to the site and not get involved in money matters.

Raz, I hear that you have collected well over 9 thousand dollars from the fans whom have contributed to your site. What are u going to do with it?? If you are really genuine, you should be setting up a log of sorts stating donor's names and the $ they have donated. This way, if anyone is cheated, they will bring up the matter. Right now, we only have yr word for it and quite frankly, we don't trust you!! Why would a grown man like yourself bother so much abt Taufik? If you are in love with him, that's yr preogative. I've noting against that. Just don't cheat ppl of their money!!..."



My Response

Dear Lily & Jeremy (and other similarly concerned visitors),

While I appreciate your concern on finance matters of this website, I wish you will make an effort to understand the nature of this site, and why I am doing what I am doing. If you are unsure, please, go ahead and dig through my archive.

I do not have to explain what I am doing to anyone unless, of course, you have so-called "handed-over" your money to me. And if you did, and if you feel I have cheated your money, then you are more than welcomed to ask the authority to put a stop to this.

I am confident in saying this because all who dealt with me are generally satisfied, and they know who I am. As I am very certain you are not within this group of fans, you do not have any right to call on me to reveal their information to the public. This project is not illegal. This is just being a very informal, personal effort to group the fans together to do for something we believe in.

If you do not believe in me, then you don't have to part with your money, and don't visit this site. Simple as that. And I hate to repeat myself.

All being said, I want all visitors and fans alike to know this - I enjoy what I am doing, and I enjoy getting to know so many of you. And, like Taufik, I am immensely grateful to everyone for believing in me.

Thank you so much, and stay Taufik-ed.

Razlan



3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Raz. You are very sincere in what you do which made me trust you from the start. Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered the CDs from you so quickly & willingly. Your efforts in maintaining this site are also very appreciated & admired by TRUE Taufik fans. :)

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Raz... I had spoken to you through PMs on the message board and an e-mail (yup, go check that out... I just sent it :D) and I find you to be more than just trustworthy... It's okay... I'm sure that there are more people around like me who fully trust you.

ultimateKimLockefan

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont worry raz, you have our support...go ahead, we are proud to have a dedicated fan like you!I think Taufik agrees with us too.....keep up the good work and keep Taufik-ed alive!::))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home