| Home | News | Media | Video | Audio | Download | Forum | Gallery | About Us | Tsunami |

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Night I Got Taufik-ed

Taufik and I at Swensen
Me and my slightly suprised look. I just pulled a tooth, so can't smile too widely!

Taufik and I at Swensen
Finally, a nice Kodak moment. Can't believe how fair I am in this pic!


I know if I had write something first before displaying the pic, most likely you won't be reading what I wrote. So I put the pic first before the "story". Anyway, this is just going to be a short post. I am still a bit too Taufik-ed to write properly, but here goes...

Tonight I had a meet up session for fans to buy the album, pass him birthday present etc. Supposed to meet up with Aleza, but she was tied up at home. Thanks to all who turned up, and a big Taufik-ed thank you to those who kept me company during the long hours from 6.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.

I was actually on my way home when I got a message from Aleza: "Meet us at Swensen Paragon".

Little did I know I am to meet the man himself that very night!

As you would have known it, Taufik is a very down to earth guy in real person. Really easy to talk to, and he made me feel so welcomed to the group the moment I was there (it was a birthday celebration of some sort). At times I almost forgotten that I am sharing the same table, the same bowl of Earthquake ice-cream, the same laptop (we were looking at some pics and video clips) with The Singapore Idol!

Adorned in his usual cap, t-shirt and bling-bling, we chatted normally, and I get to know his friends, and Kak Aleza and her two cute daughters! (Okay, one was actually fast asleep). Some of you will take heart to know that your gifts have been passed to him. Taufik want me to tell you people that he is very thankful for all the love and support you fans had showered him.

Looking at man himself, you will immediately realize he is one tired man. But you also can't help to feel a certain affinity to him although the time I spent him was slightly over an hour. Taufik drew his strength from his friends and YOU, my fellow Taufik-ed fans, to push on and perform his best.

Showing his Creative player, he shared with me some recordings from his upcoming album. (For the record, no, he doesn't have an iPod, but more on that later). I can't tell you what songs is in the list, save for the fact "I Dream" and "That's What Friends Are For" will be in the book. But, man, you have to get his album. In his recordings that he shared with me, Taufik surpassed himself. The songs was superbly sung, with so much in them. I know, some of you may say I am bias and not objective, because I am faced with the man himself.

But I tell you - if you were in my shoes, you will just think you are hanging out with an old friend. Only when I listen to his songs did I realized the Taufik in front of me is the one who won 68% of the 1.1 million votes on 1st December. And his singing, if this possible, actually improved further. Much further. For whatever price you are getting the album, it is worth it.

Ok, I shall not rumble on, as I intend to do a proper story telling on this tomorrow. But I have a few facts that I want to put straight.

For those of you who doubted me from the moment I am helping out in the autographed album sales, coordinating the work for the iPod fund, and thinking that I am disillusioned and nothing more than just another crazy fans, I have this to say...

You got your proof, and I don't owe you any explaination to prove myself.

Enough said. Good night people! =)



6 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Noi Rocker said...

Wow...I think you deserve to get to meet him personally. Congratulations!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger NuRiaTi said...

OMG!!! U really get to meet up with Taufik.. *blink blink*

But i think u deserve it...

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger et3rN|ty` said...

wahh. tat's like so cool to meet him. =)
*cheers*

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey raz! its high time you get to meet him and im really glad you did!

happy for you!

-khiLusi

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey raz! its high time you get to meet him and im really glad you did!

happy for you!

-khiLusi

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Razlan said...

Thanks people. Yes, the supper made all my effort worth it. :) And gotta thank you all for the huge support! I already feel, somewhat, like a star! Haha... Gotta update later...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home