| Home | News | Media | Video | Audio | Download | Forum | Gallery | About Us | Tsunami |

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Taufik Wins Caused Uproar?

I have been scouring online news feed and newspaper on all Idol-related news lately. The media (or MediaCorp to be exact) has had their hands full dealing with increasing pressure from the public wanting to know the exact winning margin for the Final Showdown.

And it was revealed that Taufik collectec 62% of the 1.1 million votes on 1st Dec alone, leading Sylvester by at least 24%.

How did the public reacted?


Shame behind Taufik's win?

One of the main conspiracy theory, as reported by Today, reasoned that Taufik won because the general public cannot withstand the shame. Exactly what I mean? Since general opinion is that Sylvester, with his Ah Beng image and bad diction, will ill-represent Singapore on Idol stage, the other better choice will be Taufik. Therefore the majority votes went to him. Read full news here.

I am outraged by that mere suggestion, of course! But, as the journalist gamely put it, "It'd be a shame to attribute his win to shame and insecurity". Nicely put. If you ask me, Taufik won it fair and square. If you don't believe me, watch the encore telecast of the Idol finals this Saturday, 8.30 p.m. on Channel 5.



On Sly and Taufik got the same reward...

Other related news include how Douglas O "trashed" Sylvester on his "poor" performance. I am sure we all remembered how each of the judges tried to outdo each other showering Taufik and Sly with praises. Taufik's fans also raised the question - if Taufik won by such a big margin, how come Sly gets the same reward (which is a 1-year recording contract and 3-year artiste management contract)? Read full news here.

Taufik won by 24 percent margin!


Ken Lim, our beloved sexy Idol judge, put everything in perspective as well (at least to my opinion)

"...Taufik is clearly the winner and he is recognised as the Singapore Idol. But the competition has given exposure to not only Taufik but others like Sly, and the recording industry has its own measurement of the artiste's merits"



BIG Idol Money!

In case you don't know, the Americans only need to pay the normal SMS charges to vote for their Idols. Since each SMS for Singapore Idol is charged at 50 cents, and with more than 3 million votes casted, that would mean the show brought in more than $1.3 million for the producers. According to this news, most of the profit will go to the telco. There is also a "hilarious" remark from one of the NKF director. I don't know, but for me I found it funny :)



New Song Uploaded!

Okay, I know you guys have been waiting for this. Thanks to Jamelia Edwards (the owner of TaufikBatisah.com, here are two of Taufik's songs from the Finals! Oh, by the way, the fan site is up again. It was well done, so do go and have a look!

I Dream

Me & Mrs. Jones


I will update the Download Central, Blogroll and many other things on this site as fast as I can. And, yes, thanks to those people expressing interest to help me out. If you are good in writing, quite savvy in using HTML and used to Blogger system, please do drop me an email.

Sorry if I have not been timely in responding to emails and message in the shoutbox. Really lack of time, now with my part time class in full swing, a full time job and some other commitments. Oh, tomorrow will be my first day back to NTU for band rehearsals. All the way back to Boon Lay!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home